There are two types of admission for undergraduate students: as regular or non regular students (research students and auditors, unclassified or non-degree) admissions.
All classes and lectures at each Faculty or School are conducted entirely in Japanese, even to foreign students. For this reason it would be desirable if international students achieve a proper level of Japanese before admission.
As for research students, policy varies from faculty to faculty. For further information, students should contact the person of the administrative section of the Faculty they wish to enter.
For regular students, the duration of education is generally 4 years and the Bachelor's degree is finally granted upon completion of the program required.
However, for students in the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, the duration of the educational program is generally 6 years, and the degree of Bachelor of Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy is granted upon completion of the program.
International applicants must meet the conditions below:
- Applicants must not possess Japanese nationality and not have permission for permanent residence from the Japanese Government,
- Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
A. Must have completed 12 years of school education abroad before or by the end of March in the year of admission, or the equivalent of such education as recognized by the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture,
B. Must possess the International Baccalaureate Diploma recognized by the civil code of Switzerland, and must be at least eighteen years of age on March 31st of the year of the examination, and/or
C. Must possess Abitur Zertifikat, a University entrance qualification based on each state of the Federal Republic of Germany, or the Baccalaureate Diploma recognized by the Republic 0f France as an University entrance qualification, and must be at least eighteen years of age on March 31st of the year of the examinat1on.
- Applicants must take the subjects assigned by the university/department in EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students) by March 31st of the year of the examination, and must understand Japanese.
- Even if applicants don't possess Japanese nationality, the applicants who graduate Japanese high school including secondary school must not apply this selection.
- T0EFL score might be needed for the request from each department.
International applicants will be selected according to the following criteria: (1) the results of their EJU, (2) academic achievement tests conducted by Tokushima University and (3) the application documents that the applicant sent to the University.
International students should contact the admission division bellow for any inquiries regarding the entrance examination and application forms.
Admission Division, Section of Entrance Examination, Tokushima University
Address: 2-24, Shinkura-cho, Tokushima 770-8501, Japan