Apply for student visa

It is necessary to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence in order to enter Japan as a student. In order to obtain the certificate, you need to take either of the following procedures after an official "Letter of Admission" issued by the University of Tokushima.


(1) Direct application at a Japanese Embassy or Consulate in applicant's country.


*This takes considerable time to complete.


(2) Proxy application by a Deputy Living in Japan can apply at a Local Immigration Bureau (Ministry of Justice) in Japan.


*This is more preferable when the time is limited.


Status Activities permitted in Japan Duration
College Student Activities to receive education at a college or an equivalent educational institution, specialized courses of study at an advanced vocational school (senshugakko), educational institutions designated for preparing persons who have completed 12 years of education at a school in a foreign country to enter a college, or a college of technology (kotosenmongakko). 1 year or 2 years